Crispy Orange Chicken
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate (fruit only)
3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Zest from one orange
3 cloves garlic, minced
Dash red pepper flakes
2 packets Stevia
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite sized pieces
Dash salt and pepper
Dash granulated onion
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 green onions, chopped
1. Combine the orange juice concentrate, coconut aminos, olive oil, orange zest, red pepper flakes and Stevia in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil on medium-high.
3. Generously season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and granulated onion. Add chicken to hot skillet and brown on all sides.
4. When chicken is almost fully cooked, add the orange sauce, stirring to coat all of the chicken. Cook, uncovered, simmering the sauce until thickened and fully sticking to the chicken.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped green onion.
One serving equals: 282 calories, 12g fat, 505mg sodium, 12g carbs, 1g fiber, 35g protein