EASY Baked Meatballs
These meatballs are packed with protein and veggies, making it the perfect snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make a quick batch on the weekend, and then enjoy throughout your week.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 lbs ground pork
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
dash of pepper
2 teaspoons coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl combine the ground pork with all of the spices. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
3. Place a skillet over medium heat and warm the coconut oil. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, pecans and parsley. Cook for about 3 minutes, until soft. Set the mixture aside to cool.
4. Add the vegetable mixture into the ground pork and combine well. Use your hands to form golf ball sized meatballs.
5. Place the meatballs in an oven-safe baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
One serving equals: 77 calories, 4g fat, 76mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, .5g fiber, and 8g protein