Incredible Hulk Muffins
These tasty muffins are free of gluten, refined sugar, additives, artificial coloring and artificial flavors – all of the hidden harmful ingredients that fill most kid foods on the market. In addition, we’ve packed FRESH spinach and wholesome protein powder in the batter for additional nutritional benefits.
Best of all these muffins taste fantastic, so the effort that you spend in making them will be rewarded with happy children that are filling up on good, wholesome nutrition!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1 cup old fashion oats, ground to flour
1 cup blanched almond flour
½ cup vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups baby spinach
¾ cup almond milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-muffin tin pan with silicon baking cups or paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the ground oats, almond flour, protein powder, chia seeds, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Mix until the mixture is free of clumps.
3. In a food processor pulse the fresh spinach. Add the banana and almond milk and blend until smooth. Add the egg, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and almond extract and blend.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
5. Fill each of the 12 prepared muffin tins with batter. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with coconut sugar and a crack of sea salt. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
One serving equals: 119 calories, 4g fat, 99mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 3g sugar and 7g protein.