Game Day Boneless Chicken Wings
Wings are a classic finger food to enjoy while kicking back with friends and family to enjoy game day. The crazy thing is that most wings are fried and then coated in a sauce that’s high in sugar and preservatives. While it tastes fantastic, you’re taking in way more calories than you need to.
This recipe for Boneless Chicken Wings is much healthier while tasting JUST AS AMAZING!
- Instead of frying these wings we are going to either use an air fryer (preferred method) or an oven.
- Instead of breading these wings in grains and gluten we are going to use a grain-free breading.
- Instead of tossing these wings in a sauce that’s high in sugar and preservatives we are going to make our own sauce using wholesome ingredients and tons of flavor.
Below is the classic Buffalo sauce, however, there are 5 additional sauce recipes to choose from on RealHealthyRecipes.com.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
celery and carrot sticks (optional for serving)
¼ cup almond flour
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
2 teaspoons sea salt
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup milk (any kind) I used almond milk
1 egg white
1 tablespoon grain-free vodka (or apple cider vinegar)
2 cups grain-free crackers ground to a powder (I used Almond Nut-Thins)
¾ cup hot sauce
6 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Cut the chicken into 2-inch pieces. Arrange the three mixtures into three bowls and mix well.
2. If you are using an air fryer, place the basket near the three bowls. If you are using the oven then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Take each piece of chicken and drag it through the flour mixture, dip it in the wet mixture and roll it in the crunchy mixture. Place each coated wing in the air fryer basket or on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Air Fryer: Fry at 380 degrees F for 24 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time. Fry for another 6 minutes at 400 degrees F.
5. Oven: Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. Turn on the high broil for 1-2 minutes, until the wings are golden.
6. Combine the hot sauce with the melted coconut oil. Mix until fully combined. Toss the cooked wings with the sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 482 calories, 11g fat, 432mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 0g sugar and 26g protein.